Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick and easy recipe. Taken from a Pillsbury Cookbook.
Make and share this Crescent Wrapped Brie recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces brie cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Unroll dough.
- Separate dough crosswise into 2 sections.
- Pat dough and firmly press perforations to seal, forming 2 squares.
- Place 1 square on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Place cheese on center of dough.
- With small cookie or canape cutter, cut 1 shape from each corner of remaining square; set cutouts aside.
- Place remaining square on top of cheese round.
- Press dough evenly around cheese; fold bottom edges over top edges.
- Gently stretch dough evenly around cheese; press to seal completely.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Top with cutouts; brush with additional beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 24 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes before serving.
This is a great recipe that's been around a long time, but I never tire making it or eating it. It's excellent, looks great, and ya gotta luv all that gooey cheese!!
I have made this before and it was very popular! I have also used gouda and edam cheese with good results. (Remember to take off the wax--Just kidding!)
I just made this and it was a total flop. It oozed and spread all over the place. I looked at the wrapper of my brie cheese only to see the words "60% brie cheese" in fine print. Make sure you use the 100% real stuff! And make sure your seams are sealed. Will try again...