Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I made this by combining a recipe found on here previously (#188466) with a baked brie recipe found in Pillsbury's Complete CookBook. DELICIOUS! The warm brie is complemented by fruity sweetness and savory crescent roll top.
- 8 ounces round brie cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons dried cranberries
- 2 teaspoons sliced almonds
- Heat oven to 350°F Unroll dough, separate crosswise into 2 sections, seal perforations. Place one square on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Cut brie horizontally using a very sharp knife to create 2 equally thick rounds. Place one round (cut side up) in the middle of the pastry square on the cookie sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine apricots, preserves, cranberries and almonds. Spread fruit mixture on the cut center of the brie, top with the other half (cut side down).
- Place the other square of crescent roll dough on top of the cheese round. Press dough evenly around the cheese and fold the bottom edges over the top, to seal. Seal completely.
- Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 15-20 minutes before serving.
Wow! This was fantastic. I made it for a family get together and it went very quickly. It looks and tastes fancy, but is really easy to prepare. Thanks!!
This is so easy and so good. It's a real crowd pleaser. I serve it with some red grapes and table water crackers, and it always gets rave reviews.