Recipe by mommyoffour
This is so cute. I love to take this along for holiday get togethers. You can use whatever veggies you like, I just included some that we enjoy. This recipe is very versitile and can be done however you like. If its not Christmas, shape it like a heart or egg or pumpkin. Let your imagination run wild.
Top Review by ItalianMomof2
What an ingenius idea! I've made this recipe many times, but usually rolled the crescent into a big sheet, baked, spread spiced cheese mixture on top and then added all the veggies...I used same veggies except I added Cauliflower. Once done I would then cut into small square and lay on serving dish. Your idea is so much easier and better looking to the eye! Thanks for your amazing idea and posting the recipe! (I lost the amounts for cheeses & Spices) Now I can make again and again! Italianmomof2
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 cups chopped assorted fresh vegetables (bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, cucumbers, green onion, black olives, etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375.
- Remove dough from cans in rolled sections (2 sections from each can); DO NOT UNROLL.
- Cut each section into 8 slices (16 slices from each can).
- Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased cookie sheets to form trees.
- To form each tree, start by placing 1 slice for top; arrange 2 slices just below, with sides touching.
- Continue arranging a row of 3 slices, then a row of 4 slices, ending with a row of 5 slices.
- Use the remaining slice for the trunk.
- Refrigerate one tree.
- Bake one tree for 11 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool one minute; carefully loosen with spatula and slide onto wire rack to cool.
- Bake and cool second tree.
- Place each tree on a platter.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, sour cream, dill and garlic powder; blend until smooth.
- Spread the mixture over both trees.
- Decorate the trees with assorted vegetable pieces.
- Refrigerate until serving time.
- To serve, just pull apart the slices of the tree.