Prep 8 mins
Cook 20 mins
Actually this is a tuna melt pocket. Something I got when I was in a creative mood.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chopped dill pickles
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 (9 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 eggs, boiled and chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Heat oven to 375F degrees.
- In bowl mix first 4 ingredients.
- Add tuna and eggs.
- Unroll dough into 2 rectangles.
- Place one on cookie sheet.
- Spoon tuna mix on dough.
- Add cheese.
- Place other rectangle on top.
- Seal edges.
- Bake until deep golden brown (about 20 minutes).
Yummy! This was perfect for lunch over the weekend. I served it with a nice green salad and some fresh fruit. Its a great take on the traditional tuna melt, the crescent rolls have such a nice flakey texture which is a great change. this is the way I will make a tuna melt from now on! thanks for posting Inez.
This is a great, simple recipe that does not take long to put together! My husband turned his nose up when I told him we were having this for dinner, but once he tasted it, it was a whole different story! He loved it and so did I! Thanks for a great dinner!!
This recipe is great. I was looking for something different than the same old sandwich for a picnic. A definite A+ in my book.