from Pillsbury, though I've adapted it some. DH really liked this, and I think kids would, too -- it's homey comfort food, and actually comes together pretty quickly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, strips
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2In large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat.
- 3Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add mushrooms, carrots, green beans, bell pepper and onions; cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- 4Add flour, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- 5Stir in broth and milk.
- 6Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat.
- 7Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Spoon into ungreased 2 1/2-quart oval casserole or 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish.
- 8Separate dough into 8 triangles. Starting at short side of triangle, roll each triangle up halfway. Arrange over hot chicken mixture with tips toward center. DO NOT OVERLAP.
- 9Brush crescent rolls with egg white; sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake at 375 for 15 to 20 minutes or until crescent rolls are golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crescent-Topped Chicken a La King
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.5
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 78.2 mg
- Sodium 578.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 28.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning