Prep 15 mins
Cook 11 mins
This is a new favorite of mine. My mom got it from one of her patients. You can adjust the taco seasoning depending on how spicy you like your foods. If you don't like really cheesy things, make sure you use reduced fat shredded cheddar. It melts so well, you don't even taste the cheese!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Brown meat and drain fat.
- Follow taco mix preparation directions, make sure all water gets absorbed.
- Add cheese to meat and stir until meat sticks together and cheese is melted.
- On a 13-inch baking stone or large size pizza pan, arrange rolls with points outside and bases together. It helps to arrange a square with 4 of the rolls, and then arrange the rest of the rolls in a circle around the square with points facing out.
- Spoon taco mix over rolls, fill in and fold points over taco mix, pinch to seal.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes. (Longer times may be necessary to ensure rolls are fully cooked.).
- Serve with lettuce, tomato, peppers, sour cream, taco sauce, or any taco toppings of your choosing.
- Can be sliced like a pie or cut into squares.
Good twist on tacos! I couldn't quite figure out how to get it to look pretty but it tasted good. I also put refried beans into the mixture. The kids even ate it!
This is a GREAT recipe! Quick and easy and very delicious!
Easy and amazingly fast for an appetizer or snack on the go!!