Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is soo easy. Its great for snacking.
- 2 (8 count) packages Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls (8/roll)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Remove 1 package of crescent rolls from container unroll on an ungreased baking sheet. Press perforations together to seal.
- Cream together cream cheese, 1 cup sugar and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly on top of crescent rolls.
- Open the other container of crescent rolls. Unroll, and place on top of cream cheese filling.
- Press and pinch to seal edges of dough together.
- Brush top of pastry with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake ate 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
I have been making this dish for some time now and it is definitely one of my go-to recipes. I used to carry a copy of the recipe with me whenever I took the dish somewhere because someone always wants the recipe. Now I can write it down from memory. The only differences in my recipe is I add an egg to the cream cheese mixture, it seems to make it fluffier. And I add about 1 cup of chopped pecans to the sugar and cinnamon mixture. This just takes it over the top.
I made this with the new crescent rolls that don't have any perferations...and used low fat cream cheese and splenda for the diabetics in our family...I did spread alittle nutella on the bottom before putting on the cream cheese mixture...everything goes better with a little chocolate!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE!!!! Thanks for sharing this recipe!