Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This makes a wonderful weekend brunch! Although I have 4 cups listed for the hash browns, you can really use any amount you wish, just make certain that it covers the bottom of the baking dish, when I make this dish, 4 cups seems to be the right amount, but you can increase it to 5 or 6 six cups, and also you can use as much sausage meat as you want, for this casserole the exact amounts do not really matter, but do use only one can crescent rolls for a 13x9-inch dish. If you are using Italian sausages in place of breakfast sausages, remove the meat from the casings first before browning.
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half or 1⁄3 cup full-fat milk
- salt and pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 lb small pork sausage (you can use more if desired, and Italian sausages can be replaced for the breakfast sausages)
- 4 cups frozen hash browns (can use more)
- 5 green onions, chopped (can use more)
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika (or to taste)
- grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- In a skillet brown the pork sausages breaking up with a fork until browned and cooked; drain any fat and set aside.
- In the same skillet add in some butter and fry the hashbrowns with green onions and both bell peppers until tender.
- In a bowl whisk the eggs with 1/3 cup half and half, salt and pepper.
- Unroll the crescent rolls (do not separate at the perforations).
- Line the bottom of the baking dish with the crescent rolls stretching to fit at corners if necessary.
- Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top of the dough.
- Layer the cooked sausage over the dough.
- Sprinkle the potato/green onion mixture on top of the sausage meat.
- Then sprinkle the cheese over the potato/onion mixture.
- Pour the eggs over top.
- Lightly sprinkle paprika over the eggs.
- Then sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.