Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Back when I was a preschool teacher in Wisconsin, one of my room mothers made this for a teacher appreciation luncheon. We all begged her for the recipe! You can make it as cheesy or as saucy as you prefer!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef or 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (16 -32 ounce) container sour cream (Your preference)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- parmesan cheese, grated
- 8 -12 ounces cheddar cheese, sliced or shredded
- seasoning, to taste (Italian spices, pepper, etc.)
- Fry ground beef or turkey and drain.
- Add spaghetti sauce & onion and heat.
- Spray 13 x 9 pan with vegetable oil spray.
- Put meat mixture in bottom of pan.
- Layer sour cream over meat.
- Next layer Cheddar cheese.
- Open crescent rolls, pinch together, and layer over top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until crescent rolls are light brown.
My family didn't care for this one. Like another reviewer, my hubby thought this came out of a box like Hamburger Helper and he teased me about it- "Oh, I see we're doing the 'just-add-water' cooking now!" It was kind of a mess and just not tasty enough.
Was extremely easy to make!! I made just as directed, and the results were great. Not only did it look great, but everyone said that it tasted good too. Will definitely make again b/c of the ease of preparation.
Like the other reviews it was not very pretty. Flavor was ok.. but my family did not really care for it. It was a quick easy meal though. Husband thought just a step up from Hamburger Helper