1/2 Photos of Crescent Roll Dough Palmiers
Traditional Palmiers are flaky, buttery cookie-like pastries also known as Elephant Ears or PigTails in some regions. This cheater's method is adapted from a Pillsbury recipe. These are smaller than what you'd find in a bakeries and they taste a little bit different - they are so light and have just a hint of lemon. And these are increbily easy & lightning fast - perfect when you have last minute guests.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 F degrees.
- 2Combine 2 Tbsp of the sugar and the lemon zest in a small bowl and set aside.
- 3Sprinkle some of the remaining sugar onto a work surface, enough to dust the area well.
- 4Open the dough tube and separate the dough into two rectangular pieces (pressing together any of the triangular perforations so that you have two flat separate rectangles).
- 5Roll out each rectangle separately onto the sugared surface to even out the dough.
- 6Using a pastry brush, paint the beaten egg across both pieces of dough.
- 7If needed, you may use an additional egg white.
- 8Sprinkle the sugar/lemon zest mixture you made earlier evenly over each rectangle.
- 9Starting with one rectangle of dough, roll up the left and right longest sides of the rectangle (jelly-roll stye) into the center, meeting at the center.
- 10With a sharp knife, cut small slices (about 1/4" thick) from the short edge; the cut pieces of dough, when placed flat, should look like almost like a bowtie- with two coils at either side.
- 11Place cut side down, so they lie flat, onto greased cookie sheets.
- 12Sprinkle lightly with some remaining sugar.
- 13Bake in a preheated 375 F oven for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown.
- 14Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheets.
- 15Set on racks to cool completely.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crescent Roll Dough Palmiers
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 37.9
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 4.7 mg
- Sodium 53.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 1.0 g