1/5 Photos of Crescent Roll Dough (Bread Machine)
4 hrs 12 mins
Lovin' the 'Zaar's Note:
We live where cans of crescent roll dough are not available. I searched the 'net for something I could use as a substitute. While I don't claim these are EXACTLY like the canned ones, they're close enough for us. This came from Allrecipes.com (called Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls). I've always made the dough using a bread machine, so I can't give any feedback making it without the machine. The dough is very easy to work with. EDIT: I just realized this is very similiar to "Kittencal's Soft Tender Crescent Rolls", but these ingredients are slightly different and provide bread machine instructions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In bread machine:.
- 2Place ingredients in bread machine in above order and choose the dough cycle.
- 3Divide the dough in half.
- 4Roll each half into a 9" round circle.
- 5Spread some softened butter onto each circle (if desired) and cut each circle into 8 or 12 pie-shaped wedges, depending on the size of roll you want.
- 6Starting with the wide end, roll up each wedge.
- 7Place on greased baking pan, cover with a cloth and let stand for about 2 hours until roll has doubled in size.
- 8Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- 9Without bread machine:.
- 10In a large bowl, mix together yeast, milk and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 11Mix eggs, butter and salt into yeast mixture.
- 12Mix in flour, 2 cups at a time.
- 13Cover with wax paper and let dough stand at room temperature overnight.
- 14In the morning, divide the dough in half.
- 15Roll each half into a 9" round circle.
- 16Spread cutter on circle and cut each round into 8 or 12 pie-shaped wedges.
- 17Roll up each wedge starting from wide end.
- 18Place on greased cookie sheets and let stand until ready to bake. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- 19To freeze:.
- 20Roll up each wedge, place on a greased baking pan (cookie sheet) or on greased wax paper.
- 21Place pan in freezer for about an hour. When dough is frozen, put into freezer safe Ziplock bags.
- 22To bake, remove rolls from bag, place them on a greased baking pan to defrost and to give time to rise (about 2 hours). After dough has doubled, bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
- 23Preparation time does not allow the 1 1/2 hours dough cycle or 2 hours needed to rise.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crescent Roll Dough (Bread Machine)
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 213.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 4.7 g