Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Too easy to be so good. When I made this my picky daughter said on a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 40. I have revised the spices after reading the reviews. If you do not have Italian Seasoning available you can use 1/4 tsp oregano, 1/4 tsp basil, 1/4 tsp thyme, & 1/4 tsp marjoram.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 425.24 g can tomato sauce or 425.24 g can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 7.39 ml olive oil
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 29.58 ml light sour cream (I use the Daisy brand)
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese
- 8 slice provolone cheese
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- 226.79 g package Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- cooking spray
- Brown beef until no longer pink then drain excess grease.
- Add the tomato sauce, olive oil, spices, & 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese to the beef. Simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat & stir in the sour cream.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F Lightly spray an 8x8 baking dish.
- Pull the crescent rolls apart but leave them in rectangle shape. (There should be 4 rectangles).
- Lay 2 of the rectangles in the bottom of the pan, side by side. Gently spread out to fit the bottom of the pan.
- Cover the crescent rolls with 4 slices of provolone cheese. (The cheese on the bottom helps keep the crescent rolls from becoming soggy from the sauce).
- Next add the beef mixture & then 4 more slices of cheese. Take the remaining 2 rectangles on top of the last layer of cheese.
- Lightly brush the melted butter over the crescent rolls & sprinkle the remaining parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
Came out great. Bottom layer not the least bit soggy. I doubled recipe to make in a 9x13 dish. Only changes were to use 12 slices of provolone on top & bottom (to fully cover crust) & 1 15 oz can + 1 8 oz can of sauce. Picky stepkids loved it.
My husband and I liked this recipe. The bottom crust wasn't soggy at all. I followed the recipe exactly except I used more cheese. The flavor of the meat sauce was delicious. Thank you.
I am sorry but we did not enjoy this recipe. To my surprise the texture of the cresents and the filling just did not match. My family described this as "odd" and did not finish their dinner. We will not have this again.