Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I received this recipe from a friend, and have only made slight variations. It's a big hit whenever company visits, and for work breakfast potlucks.
- Layout 1 can of crescent roll dough flat in cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Brown sausage and drain. Mix sausage with cream cheese.
- Spread mixture over dough.
- Mix eggs and pour over sausage mixture. Spread cheese over eggs.
- Layout crescent roll dough flat over cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
- If I don't have sausage on hand, will use hamburger and season with favorite hot sauce. Also, the original recipe calls for 2 cups cheddar cheese and 3 eggs scrambled (cooked). The baking time can then be cut back to 15 minutes, if eggs are already cooked.
Cooked this for dinner. I substituted ground beef for the sausage and used pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar (which was awesome). It was a heavy dish though with the cream cheese but at least that made it edible. The beef/cream cheese mixture was so thick that the egg mixture didn't penetrate leaving with distinct layers. It wasn't a terrible dish but it wasn't a great dish by no means. It could be because our family likes zucchini pies and quiches and this wasn't anywhere close to those. I will give this recipe another chance with sausage but will have to add in some veggies.
This recipe is good, HOWEVER, I think it should be said that the 'description/instructions' should be modified. First of all, you said to use a 'flat' cookie sheet, which happens to have NO sides and you are using 'liquid egg material'so flat and flat and wet make for a mess. Particularly since you have changed the recipe doubling the amount of egg in originas as stated. So I found it best to create a small 'edge' on the bottom crescent, somewhat of a crust edge to HOLD the egg as it does not stay in one place. And, it needed 'flavor' other than just salt...so I added herbs to the eggs and used a sage enhanced sausage. It turned out beautifully, the SECOND time, the firs time I don't feel it was five stars at all.