Recipe by Manami
Submitted by Patricia Hurd from Bemidji, Mn. at the 39th Bake-Off, San Franciso, 2000. Have added a few things to change the recipe just a bit.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded carrot
- 1 teaspoon chicken flavor instant bouillon
- 1 teaspoon chopped dried chives
- 1 whole green onion, chopped, grn part only
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, if desired
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 cups potato flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 dash paprika, for sprinkling (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Spray 13"x9" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat eggs in large microwave-safe bowl.
- Reserve about 2 tablespoons beaten egg; set aside.
- Add carrot, bouillion, chives, salt, water, and milk to eggs in bowl; mix well.
- Microwave on HIGH for 2-1/2 mins or just until hot.
- Add potato flakes; mix well.
- Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles.
- Overlap long sides to form large rectangle.
- Frimly press perforations and edges to seal.
- Press or roll to form 14"x10" rectangle.
- Spread potato mixture over dough.(To make ahead, prepare recipe to this pont. Cover & refrigerate up to 2 hours before baking).
- Spirnkle with chopped green onions and cheese.
- Starting with long side, roll up dough; seal long edge.
- Cut crosswise into 8 slices.
- Place cut side down in sprayed pan; press each to flatten slightly.
- Brush each with reserved beaten egg.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan 3 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Serve warm.
- Makes a nice side dish!