Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is an easy and delicious recipe that can be used as a quick main course or as an appetizer. My kids loved these.
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and oregano; mix well.
- Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles, pinching seams together.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of meat mixture along one long side of each rectangle.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Cut each roll into three pieces.
- Place, seam side down, 2 inches apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
This was a hit, especially with the four year old. If the little one eats it, and he at 10 of them, then it's got to be ok. For my personal taste, the sauce was a little bland, and next time I may try a ready made pizza or pasta sauce. I also like the copycat version of Pizza Huts' stuffed crust pizza sauce, but this is a recipe that we will make again. Thanks kellie2
These were great! I substituted cream cheese for sauce since we really don't care that much for it and used chicken...everyone here at the Family Circus gobbled them up! Even doubled the recipe! Thanks.
This was really good.
I used pizza sauce, and I doubled the amount of cheese, I still think it needed a little more cheese. Instead of ground beef I used cut up meatball.