Recipe by Marie
Instead of being made with puff pastry, these napoleons are made with crescent dough. A layering of the pastry, vanilla pudding mixed with whipped topping and strawberries completes this easy dessert. Ready in a flash and so good. Recipe from Pillsbury.
Top Review by Julie Leo
This is so good and easy to make. I had everything to make this on hand. My friends and I had a cook out and I brought these for desert and they were a big hit. I assembled them at her house just before serving them and everyone was wow by how good and tastey they were.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup whipped topping or 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles.
- Press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle into quarters and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press each rectangle to form 3x2 inch rectangles.
- Sprinkle each one with sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Just before serving, place dough rectangle on each plate.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pudding mixture for topping.
- Divide remaining mixture onto rectangles and spread to edges.
- Reserve 8 strawberry slices for garnish.
- Divide remaining strawberries onto rectangles.
- Top with remaining 8 baked dough rectangles and garnish each with 1 tablespoon reserved pudding mixture and 1 strawberry slice.