Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
Instead of being made with puff pastry, these napoleons are made with crescent dough. A layering of the pastry, vanilla pudding mixed with whipped topping and strawberries completes this easy dessert. Ready in a flash and so good. Recipe from Pillsbury.
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup whipped topping or 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced strawberries
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Unroll dough and separate into 4 rectangles.
- Press perforations to seal.
- Cut each rectangle into quarters and place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press each rectangle to form 3x2 inch rectangles.
- Sprinkle each one with sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from cookie sheet and place on wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, whisk together the milk and pudding mix until mixture begins to thicken.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Just before serving, place dough rectangle on each plate.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pudding mixture for topping.
- Divide remaining mixture onto rectangles and spread to edges.
- Reserve 8 strawberry slices for garnish.
- Divide remaining strawberries onto rectangles.
- Top with remaining 8 baked dough rectangles and garnish each with 1 tablespoon reserved pudding mixture and 1 strawberry slice.
This is so good and easy to make. I had everything to make this on hand. My friends and I had a cook out and I brought these for desert and they were a big hit. I assembled them at her house just before serving them and everyone was wow by how good and tastey they were.
Oh My... what can I possibly say? Words can not being to describe this heavenly sinful delight! Next time I will add sugar to my "topping" strawberries so that they make their own juice to pour lightly over the top... just to see if it is possible to improve upon perfection.
who'd have thought that something so "instant" could produce something so incredibly delicious?! this is the first time i have ever bought instant pudding mix, and i bought it specifically for this recipe, after eyeing it yesterday. it's also the first time that i used crescent rolls for a sweet purpose, normally i use it in savory dishes. it all came together really well - a sweet, flaky pastry oozing a luscious vanilla filling, with a strawberry sliver in every delectable bite. thanks for posting this quickfix emergency dessert. (ps. i used Whipping Cream for the whipped cream).