Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is another of my family's favorite recipes from the Pillsbury Halloween magazine I bought. They are really cute with little mustard eyes and mouth. I also mix equal parts mustard and ketchup together for dipping. Fun, easy and they taste good too!
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Unroll dough; separate at perforations creating 4 rectangles; press perforations to seal. With knife or kitchen scissors, cut each rectangle lengthwise into 10 pieces, making a total of 40 pieces of dough.
- Slice cheese slices into quarters (1/2 slice cheese, cut in half).
- Wrap 4 pieces of dough around each hot dog and 1/4 slice of cheese to look like "bandages," stretching dough slightly to completely cover hot dog. About 1/2 inch from one end of each hot dog, separate "bandages" so hot dog shows through for "face."
- On ungreased large cookie sheet, place wrapped hot dogs (cheese side down); spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are hot. With mustard, draw features on "face.".
The kids really enjoyed these!!
These were a hit at my daughter's Spooky Sleepover Bday Party. My execution was less than stellar, but I'm looking forward to doing them again so that they turn out better. Thanks!
Perfect for Halloween. (playing catch up on reviews) I made this for our annual fun holiday dinner and the kids thought these were funny and tasted great. They were sooooo cute and I loved setting them on the table. Thank you for posting.