Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This simple to make recipe came from Pillsbury Annual Recipes 2008. It includes some of my favorites - cashews and of course....chocolate (both white and semisweet)! Bars like these that contain sweetened condensed milk can be stored at room temperature. I just made these bars this morning and have not actually tried them yet. but they look great & smell wonderful! Please let me know what you think...
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashew halves
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
- 1) Heat oven to 375 degrees (350 degrees for dark or nonstck pan). Grease bottom and sides of 13x9 pan. Unroll dough into 2 long rectangles. Place in pan; press over bottom and 1/2 inch up sides to form crust. Bake 5 minutes.
- 2) Remove partially baked crust from oven. Sprinkle white chocolate chips, chocolate chips, almonds and cashews evenly over crust. Pour sweented condensed milk evenly over top.
- 3) Bake 20 to 25 longer or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen. Cool 1 hour. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows.
Excellent bars. I used peanut butter chips as opposed to white chocolate chips because I don't like them. Otherwise, I didn't change a thing. They are chewy and sweet.
This was a wonderful recipe. I changed it up by using peanut butter chips, dark chocolate chips and pecans instead of cashews. I also added coconut and toffee chips. My family finished them off in 20 mins and begged for more. They ask for them at least once every two weeks. Thanks again for the inspiration.
These were really easy to make and taste fabulous. I think my husband has eaten about a third of them by himself this weekend! The nuts and crescent roll crust contrast nicely with the sweetness of the chocolate and condensed milk. I love the idea of using a tube of crescent rolls as a crust for dessert bars! Thanks. Made for Spring PAC '09