Recipe by kzbhansen
This is SO good, my children request this a lot. Can be prepared 2-3 hours ahead of time.
- 1⁄2 lb sausage
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 cup cream-style cottage cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese, about 7x4 inches
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Meat filling: Brown meat and drain. Add all meat filling ingredients, simmer, uncovered about 5 minutes.
- Cheese filling: Combine all these ingredients well.
- Crust: Separate crescent dough into 8 rectangles. On ungreased cookie sheet, place dough rectangles overlapping edges Press edges and perforations to seal well. (About 15x13-inch rectangle).
- Spread half of the meat filling lengthwise down center half of dough within 1 inch of the 13 inch end.
- Top meat filling with the cheese filling; spoon remaining meat filling on top of that, forming 3 layers. Place cheese slices over the top of that.
- Fold 13 inch ends of dough rectangle over filling 1 inch. Pull long sides of dough rectangle over filling being careful to overlap edges only about 1/4 inch. Pinch together the overlapping dough to seal.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake at 375° 20-25 minutes or until a deep golden brown.
- TIP: Can be prepared 3-4 hours beforehand and covered with plastic wrap. Increase cooking time to about 25-30 minutes.