Recipe by PaulaG
I had a can of crescent rolls in the fridge and a package of cooked link sausage and needed to make something for breakfast. This worked beautifully.
Top Review by Susie D
I made these jewels for a breakfast for dinner meal and we loved them! The slight heat paired perfectly with the sausage and the buttery goodness of crescent rolls. They were pretty too with the seeds.... I'll be making them for my next brunch. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 226.79 g can crescent rolls
- 2 slice American cheese
- 8 cooked sausage links
- 4 whole pickled jalapeno peppers, canned
- 1 egg white
- sesame seeds or poppy seed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Stack the slices of cheese on top of each other, cut in half and then cut each half into fourths.
- Cut the jalapeno peppers in half, remove seeds and drain on a paper towel.
- Unroll the crescent rolls and separate into 8 triangles, place a jalapeno pepper half, 1 cheese stack and 1 sausage at the large end of the triangle; roll up and place tip on prepared baking pan.
- Beat the egg white with 1 teaspoon water, brush the prepared Kolaches with the egg white and then sprinkle with sesame seeds or poppy seeds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.