Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From a community cookbook called Family Favorites (Sonata Bay Players) 1996. I got a bunch of community cookbooks at a library book sale and want to post this for the future. Posted by Adele Berger.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 lb lox, also called Nova, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip, like mayonnaise
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Sprinkle corn meal on greased 15 X 10 X 1 inch jelly roll pan.
- Unroll dough; press onto bottom and sides of pan to form a crust, sealing perforations.
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter for 5-8 minutes or until tender.
- Blend together the onions and other ingredients and pour evenly over crust.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until set and lightly browned.
- Cut into small squares or triangles and serve warm.