Recipe by JW in Montana
My mom's recipe; soft and delicious. Mom always said not to bring this anywhere unless I wanted to bring it again each time. She was right. It is my most requested recipe.
Top Review by kaios2
Fantastic dinner rolls! I made them for Father's Day dinner and my family filled up on rolls before they even touched the rest of the meal. Looks like we'll have left-overs tomorrow night! Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages fast-rising active dry yeast
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup shortening (I use butter flavored Crisco)
- 2 cups milk
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 10 -12 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in warm water, let proof for about ten minutes until foamy. Cream sugar and shortening. Add slightly beaten eggs. Add yeast mixture, salt and milk. Add enough flour to make a stiff dough. Knead in as much flour as needed until no longer sticky. Cover with a clean dish towel and let rise until double, about an hour.
- Divide into about 8 pieces. Roll out one at a time into a large circle. Cut into wedge shaped pieces. Roll each piece, starting at the wide end. Place on an ungreased cookie sheets. Brush with melted butter.
- Cover with towels. Let rise until double, about an hour.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, till golden brown.