1/2 Photos of Crescent Crust Sausage Brunch Casserole
1 hr 5 mins
I guarantee you are going to *love* this! This makes a perfect brunch or weeknight dinner, to save time brown the sausage a day ahead. To increase to a 13x9-inch casserole you will need 1-1/2 packages of crescent rolls and all other ingredients will need to be increased slightly, I have even made this without the crescent roll crust!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs pork sausage links (casings removed)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste, or use white salt to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 pinch cayenne, pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste, or use mozzarella or cheddar cheese)
- 1Grease an 11x7-inch baking dish.
- 2In a large skillet over medium heat brown the pork sausage meat with onion until browned; place into a large bowl to cool slightly.
- 3To the bowl with the sausage mixture add in mozzarella cheese, cheddar cheese, half and half cream, eggs, seasoned salt, black pepper and cayenne (if using) mix to combine well; set aside.
- 4Unroll the crescent rolls then pinch all perforations to seal.
- 5Spread the crescent roll onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- 6Bake the crescent crust at 350°F for 10 minutes.
- 7Remove then spread the sausage mixture evenly over the baked crust.
- 8Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese (or mozzarella or cheddar) then return to oven to bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crescent Crust Sausage Brunch Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.6
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 16.8 g
- Cholesterol 255.7 mg
- Sodium 976.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: