Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My favorite Pagan treat, common to many Wiccan gatherings, I adore these shortbread-like cookies. My addition was the walnuts (a "must-have" in many of my cookie recipes) and the cinnamon sugar. My friends who enjoy alcohol tell me that they like dunking these in a mug of warm mead during their Yuletide celebrations.
- Combine the cinnamon, sugar, and powdered ginger in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Blend the remaining ingredients (with a quarter of the cinnamon/sugar mixture) with a wooden spoon. Make small balls of thick dough, each one a bit smaller than a golf ball (about 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" in diameter).
- Squeeze the center of each ball and wrap the dough around your finger; shape the two ends into points and make each ball into a small crescent. Place each crescent on a non-stick or buttered cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
- Bake the cookies at 375 degrees Fahrenheit until brown (about 15 minutes).