Recipe by Michele7
A melt in your mouth cookie.
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
These will make a wonderful addition to our Christmas cookie tray. I did use all butter in the recipe because we do not use margarine. They remind me very much of a Danish cookie my grandma used to make when I was little. Thank you for sharing this recipe. Made and reviewed for My-3-Chefs fall 08
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2⁄3 cup blanched almond, finely ground
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the flour and salt.
- Set aside.
- In large bowl with electric mixer, mix together shortening, butter.
- When creamy add the sugar and blanched almonds.
- Mix in the flour and salt gradually.
- Take out a small amount of dough and roll until pencil thin.
- Cut into approximately 2 1/2" lengths.
- Put onto an ungreased cookie sheet and shape into a crescent.
- Bake at 325 for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool on pan before removing.
- Dip in powdered sugar before storing.