Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best crescent cookie recipe! Given to me by my friend Megan.
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups really finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cream butter and add sugar, vanilla and water.
- Sift flour and salttogether and stir into mixture. Add pecans and stir well.
- Using portions about the size of a small walnut; roll into cresent shape.
- Bake in slow oven, that means 325 degrees, about 20 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm; roll in powdered sugar.
These were so simple to make and had a great taste. I made cookies that spelled out Happy Birthday Billy for my husband's birthday this evening for the first batch and the second batch is crescent shaped which are cooking now. I will post a picture of the crescent shaped cookies when they are done cooking. I loved that these cookies weren't overly sweet and that they had the added benefit of protein from the two cups of chopped nuts. I am sure that these will be made frequently in our house. Thank you X in Bayside, NY! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup ~Jan-June 2013.
*Reviewed for Pick A Chef PAC Sept 09* THese were great cookies. Easy to make and tasted divine. I used a blended gluten-free flour to make these cookies suitable for my gluten-free diet. I made a half quantity and got 28 cookies. I processed the pecans until they were quite fine.....almost as fine as an almondmeal /ground almonds. Iadded in some extra pecans-used 170 grams all up. Photo also to be posted