Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
First Prize 2000 Old Farmer's Almanac Recipe Contest.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 4 medium firm-ripe bananas
- 8 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice or 2 tablespoons rum
- 6 tablespoons coarsely chopped pecans
- 8 scoops vanilla ice cream or 8 scoops frozen yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Divide crescent rolls into 8 rectangles and press perforations to seal. On a lightly floured surface, roll each rectangle to a 6x6-inch square.
- Peel and cut bananas in half crosswise. Cut each half into 1/2-inch slices and put into center of squares.
- Sprinkle each pile with 1 teaspoon brown sugar, 1 tablespoon pecans, and 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips.
- Bring corners and sides up and pinch together in center to form a bundle.
- Place onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 17 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring butter, brown sugar, and orange juice or rum to a boil. Add pecans and boil for 1 to 2 minutes, until slightly thickened; keep warm.
- To serve, place 1 bundle onto each plate. Place 1 scoop of ice cream or frozen yogurt alongside, and spoon sauce over both.