Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
Made with crescent rolls, this is an easy and yummy dessert or snack that bakes up in 15 minutes! Adapted from Country Woman magazine, and was submitted by Nancy Zimmerman in New Jersey.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, milted, divided
- 1 (10 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar (confectioners)
- 4 teaspoons milk (or 5 tsp.)
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Unroll the crescent dough and separate into triangles. Brush with 1 tbls. butter. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar mix; top with the cherries.
- Roll up from the wide side. Place point side down on a greased baking sheet; curve ends slightly. Brush with the remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining brown sugar mix.
- Bake at 375*F. for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency; then drizzle over the warm rolls. Enjoy!
- Makes 8 rolls.
These were good - but very very sweet. I think next time I will either not sprinkle more brown sugar on top or I will omit the icing. Was very qucik and easy to make!
These were awesome. I made the mistake of forgetting to put on the top glaze (they smelled so good that hands were grabbing them as soon as they came out of the oven) but since the brown sugar / cinnamon topping is sprinkled on top you can either glaze or not. I still have some extra cherries and 1 more package of chescent rolls so I may go ahead and make them again with the glaze this time. Thank you for a delicious weekend breakfast.
This was great. The only thing I did different...I took some of the remaining juice from the jar of cherries, mixed it with confectioner's sugar and a little lemon juice, and made icing that I put on top before baking the rolls. Great recipe!