Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this recipe from a co-worker after she brought it to a potluck.
- 2 -3 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) jar sliced mushrooms
- 1 can crescent roll
- swiss cheese or monterey jack cheese
- melted butter
- Saute onion and mushrooms.
- Add chicken, soup, sour cream, and mayonnaise and heat until bubbly.
- Place in 9" x 13" ungreased casserole dish.
- Spread crescent rolls (not separated) across top to make a crust.
- Drizzle with melted butter and add cheese.
- May also top with sliced almonds, if desired.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes.
It was very easy, but the family didn't care for it much. When I had it ready to put it in the pan I thought that perhaps something had been left out of the recipe, like cooked noodles or something, because it just wasn't enough food to put into a 9x13 pan. I put it into a 9x9. It reminded me of chicken ala king and might have been better just served over buttered toast. Won't be making it again.
Very easy and so good! I did make a few changes. I used turkey instead of chicken (gotta use up those Thanksgiving leftovers) and omitted the shrooms and onion. Since I didn't have anything to saute, I just mixed the other ingredients together in the 9x13 pan and spread the crescent rolls on top! Very simple! I took it to a Christmas party and got several compliments! Thanks for a keeper, Bunkie!(=