Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I love chicken,I love cheddar cheese, what more is there to say. My sister Mo passed this one around to the rest of the family and we all love it.
- 2 cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 cups peas and carrots, frozen
- 4 cups chicken, diced and cooked
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
- In a medium sauce pan: Combine soup- milk- 2 cups shredded cheese.
- Heat through until cheese melts.
- Add peas and carrots.
- Pour into ungreased 9X13" pan.
- Place pieces of chicken onto wide end of crescent rolls and roll over.
- Bake 375 for 20-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5-10 minutes more.
- Sprinkle a little paprika and parsely.
Very Good! I left out the peas and carrots as family doesn't eat those, and this was very tasty. Served with Lipton chicken flavored noodles, green beans, and canned peaches.
This was ok. I think it would have been a little better with only 1 can of soup and 1 cup of milk. It was little too "soupy" for our tastes. The taste of the soup also overpowered the cheese to us. I wasn't exactly sure what to do with the chicken filled crescent rolls as the recipe doesn't say, but I figured they probably went on top of the soup/cheese mix. I wasn't crazy about the bottoms of the rolls staying soft and kind of gooey but I think that's the way they are supposed to be. It's very filling. Two rolls and a scoop of sauce were enough for me.
We both really liked this dish. I used fresh green beans and carrots instead of frozen peas. I just boiled them a few minutes first. The cheesey sauce tasted really good over white rice. I will try it next time with some differet veggies and maybe add a little potato to it. I will put this in my little recipe box and I'm sure it will be a wintertime favorite! Thanks.