Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in the Pillsbury Best of Bake-Off Cookbook......My family just loves it... :) I hope you will too!
- 3⁄4 cup crushed canned French-fried onions
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned,boned and cut into 16 pieces.
- 1 egg, beaten
- sesame seeds or poppy seed
- Heat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine french.
- -friedonions, flour and salt; blend well, Set aside.
- Seperate dough into 8 triangles.
- Cut each in half lenghtwise to make 16 triangles.
- Dip chicken pieces in beaten egg; coat with onion mixture.
- Place 1 coated piece on wide end of each triangle; roll to opposite point.
- Place point side down on greased cookie sheet.
- Brush tops with remaining beaten egg; sprinkle with seasme seed.
- Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Loved this! I made it just like the recipe and it was yummy! My kids gobbled them up. I will definately be making this for lunches or appetizers in the future.
I can't believe there aren't more reviews for this recipe. My neighbor has been making these for years, and they are always so welcome at parties and functions. As many good dishes are, this is simple to make, yet delicious. A great "standard" for anyone's repertoire.