Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Delicious, quick treat for breakfast or brunch. Served by my wonderful neighbor, Jane, when she'd have us over to Tea.
- Melt butter.
- Coat bottom and sides of a bundt pan with 2 tbs of the butter, sprinkle pan with 3 tbs of the nuts.
- Add remaining nuts, brown sugar, and water to the remaining melted butter.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove dough from tubes, do not unroll.
- Cut each roll into 8 slices.
- Arrange 8 slices, cut side down, in nut-lined pan.
- Spreading out the layers of each pinwheel slightly.
- Spoon half of the brown sugar mixture over dough.
- Place remaining 8 slices on over bottom layer.
- Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture over slices.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until deep golden brown.
- Cool 3 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve warm.
LOVE these - I am a complete fool for the caramel soooo I do 3/4 cup butter and nuts, 1 1/4 cups brown sugar and 1 1/2 T water that makes them extra gooey!
Fabulous! I used candied pecans and cut the recipe in half since I only had one can of crescent rolls. Thanks for a great recipe, Elissa!
This was a Pillsbury Bake Off winning prize for Lois Ann Groves and she won $25,000 for it. I commend you on your great taste - these are really great. I was going to post it, as well. They are awesome - thanks for posting, Diane :)