Recipe by Sharon123
Adapted from a Pillsbury recipe to make it my own!
Top Review by Chef Buggsy Mate
Made this as a special breakfast treat for the kids this morning. It was so simple and easy to prepare. And there weren't any complaints heard at the table either. Thanks for posting Sharon. Made and reviewed for the 49th AUS/NZ Recipe Swap.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, chopped (or other nuts)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crescent rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter. Coat bottom and sides of a bundt pan(or 12-cup fluted tube cake pan) with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter; sprinkle pan with 3 tablespoons of the npecans. Add remaining nuts, brown sugar, cinnamon and water to remaining melted butter. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove dough from cans; do not unroll. Cut each long roll into 8 slices. Arrange 8 slices, cut side down, in nut-lined pan; separate layers of each pinwheel slightly.
- Spoon half of brown sugar mixture over dough. Place remaining 8 dough slices alternately over bottom layer. Spoon remaining brown sugar mixture over slices.
- Bake 23 to 33 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 3 minutes. Turn upside down onto serving platter or waxed paper. Serve warm. Enjoy!