Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls or 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet
- 1⁄3 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped (1 medium)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Heat oven to 375°F
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough into 1 large rectangle on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations to seal.
- If using dough sheet: Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12x9-inch rectangle.
- Cut dough into 12 squares. Gently press squares into 12 ungreased mini muffin cups, shaping edges to form rims 1/4 inch high. Spoon cheese evenly into dough-lined cups. Top each with bacon and onion. In small bowl, beat egg and whipping cream with wire whisk or fork until blended. Spoon slightly less than 1 tablespoon mixture into each cup.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden brown and filling is set. Cool 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups.
I made these and they were a big success. Here are changes I made and suggestions: DO use the recipe creation dough sheet as it is MUCH easier; two eggs will be needed, the bacon is better if crispy and I used half and half to help take some of the calories out of the tartlets. I will be making these tartlets again and again. Simple but looks like you took all day.
Easier than it sounds, everyone loves them so always make more. I have substituted swiss for mozzarella, and have used less whipping cream, and for smaller tarts cut crescent rolls into 18 squares, wonderful.