Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
These are easy to make and delicious. Cut into squares to make great little appetizers. recipe from Southern Living
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Unroll crescent rolls and press dough into ungreased 15x10 jelly roll pan, pressing to seal perforations.
- Bake on lower oven rack at 375° for 6 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Melt butter in skillet over medium-high heat, add onion and saute 5 minutes.
- Add minced garlic and saute 2 minutes.
- Break off tough ends of asparagus and cut into 1" pieces and reserve tips.
- Add asparagus to skillet, saute 4 to 6 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Add pepper and asparagus tips and saute 1 to 2 minutes or until tender.
- Spoon asparagus mixture onto prepared baked crust.
- Sprinkle with cheeses and bake on lower oven rack at 375° for 6 to 8 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Cut into squares.
This was a hit!!! Both my kids (9 1/2 & 6) as well as my DH and me had seconds. I used 1 can of crescent rolls in an approx 13x9 jelly roll pan (they did not completely fill the entire pan but that was o.k.). I also sauteed the asaparagus with garlic powder and onion powder, rather than minced garlic and chopped onions, as the kids wouldn't have liked it that way. Once I put the asparagus on the browned crescent rolls, I sprinkled Morton's Nature's Seasons on top of the asparagus and then sprinkled mozzarella cheese on top. I gave it four stars simply because of my modifications. I will definiteyl be making this again.