Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
These crêpes, by Rachel Soszynski, are like free-form blintzes, with thick and creamy Greek-style yogurt standing in for the cheese filling and a quick topping made with preserves and frozen raspberries.:) F&W Magazine, December 2008 edition. From: Top Weekend Breakfasts. Different from my recipe for Blintzes with Apricots. The crepe batter to stand at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (not the bottled kind!)
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with 1/4 cup of the milk and the salt until blended.
- Whisk in the flour until the batter is smooth, then whisk in the remaining 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon of the melted butter.
- Let the crepe batter stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apricot preserves with the raspberries and lemon juice and cook over moderate heat until jammy, about 5 minutes; cover and keep warm.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the brown sugar and vanilla.
- Heat a 10-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet over moderate heat.
- Brush the pan with some of the melted butter.
- Pour in a scant 1/3 cup of the crepe batter and immediately rotate the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Cook the crepe until lightly browned on the bottom, about 45 seconds.
- Flip the crepe and cook until brown dots appear on the other side, about 15 seconds longer.
- Transfer the crepe to a large baking plate covered with parchment paper.
- Continue making crepes with the remaining batter, brushing the pan with the remaining melted butter as needed.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of the yogurt onto each crepe and roll them up.
- Transfer to plates.
- Spoon the raspberry-apricot sauce on top and serve.
- *The crepes can be made ahead and stacked, then rewarmed in a microwave oven for about 20 seconds.