Recipe by Northern_Reflectionz
This recipe works well for diabetics or those who are watching their weight, but want something fantastic tasting.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup diabetic sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1⁄2 cups prepared sugar-free whipped topping
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced fresh strawberries
- unsweetened strawberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened strawberry preserves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons diabetic sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- In a blender or food processor combine first eight ingredients. Blend until smooth. Let batter rest 5 minutes.
- Heat a small 6 1/2 non-stick crepe pan or skillet over medium heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray, if desired for golden crepes.
- Pour about 3 tablespoons of batter into pan, lifting and turning pan to spread batter in a circle.
- Cook approximately 30 seconds, until batter appears dry and bottom has begun to brown. Flip crepe, cook another 20 seconds and remove from pan. Place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Continue cooking remaining crepes, placing wax paper between crepes to prevent sticking.
- Filling & Strawberry Coulis.
- Stir in the filling ingredients nine through eleven together in a small bowl.
- Combine remaining two ingredients together in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-high heat until preserves are liquid. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, if desired.
- To assemble the crepes: Spoon a couple of tablespoons of filling down the middle of each crepe. Fold in sides. Drizzle with the warm Strawberry Coulis.