Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A great brunch dish.
Make and share this Crepes With Sausage Filling recipe from Food.com.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 lbs bulk breakfast sausage
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped, including tops
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- In small bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir flour and salt together; add gradually to egg mixture and beat until smooth.
- Let batter rest at least 1/2 hour before making crepes.
- Then, pour about 2 tablespoons batter into lightly greased 6-inch hot crepe or fry pan, tilting so that batter will cover pan evenly.
- Brown lightly on both sides.
- Stack with waxed paper in between and keep warm.
- You should get 16-20 crepes.
- In large fry pan, brown sausage, crumbling into small pieces; drain.
- Add onion and cook lightly over low heat.
- Stir in both cheeses, adding cheddar last.
- Place 3 T of filling in center of each crepe.
- Roll up and place in a 7 1/2 by 12 by 1 3/4 baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, blend the sour cream and melted butter well.
- Uncover and spoon mixture over top and bake additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.