Prep 40 mins
Cook 12 mins
This one sounds great!
Make and share this Crepes With Orange Syrup recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier (or any orange liqueur)
- 1 medium orange, cut into thin slices
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place flour in a large bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour the eggs into the center, then beat with a wire whisk. Mix well.
- Add the milk very gradually, and blend completely.
- Add the butter, salt, vanilla and sugar and mix until thoroughly incorporated. The batter will be thin.
- Set aside and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Heat a flat non-stick pan over medium or medium/high.
- Ladle 1/4 cup portions of the batter into the pan, or pour from a measuring cup.
- Cook each crepe 1-2 minutes per side.
- When the crepes are done, roll them up, and place on serving plate.
- In a small saucepan, mix the water, 2 tsp sugar, and marmalade together. Heat over low heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce the liquid until it becomes a thin syrup.
- Drizzle the crepes with syrup and garnish with orange slices.
- In another small saucepan, heat the orange liqueur until small bubbles form (do not boil), then carefully light with a long match. Caution: keep face away from the pan. Carefully pour liqueur over the crepes before the flames die out.