Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe appeared in one of our local newspapers and caught my eye for a nice brunch or as a desert. This delightful combination gives a new twist to serving and enjoying a crepe.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup water, slightly warm
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk, homogenized
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 12 tablespoons olive oil, for frying crepes
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter (smooth)
- 1 cup liquid honey
- 6 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup crushed cashews, lightly roasted
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- In a bowl, add eggs, egg yolks, water and milk and beat until well incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and salt and gradually add egg mixture, beating contiuously until well blended.
- Finally, beat-in melted butter, making sure mixture is smooth. (You may need to strain through a sieve to remove any lumps.).
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for one hour.
- Stir again before using.
- Preheat a heavy-bottom, non-stick, 8 inch frying pan to medium-high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to pan and heat to medium-high heat.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of crepe batter or more if required to cover the bottom of the frying pan.
- Swirl in circles to spread batter over the entire bottom of pan.
- (You do not want a thick crepe.).
- Cook for 1 - 2 minutes on each side until lightly browned.
- Place crepes one on top of the other as they are cooked and set aside.
- Continue to cook crepes with remaining batter and adding one tablespoon of olive oil before cooking each crepe.
- To serve, lay a crepe flat on a platter, spread with peanut butter and honey.
- Using a half banana for each crepe, slice the bananas and place slices in the front edge nearest you, keeping the bananas about 2 inches in from each edge.
- Start to roll the crepe over the bananas, then fold sides to the middle of the crepe.
- Continue to roll crepe to the end.
- Drizzle rolled crepes with honey and sprinkle with crushed cashews.
- Serve with ice cream or whipped cream if desired.