Recipe by Adopted Parisian
This fabulous French breakfast looks really fancy, but is oh so simple! You will love the rich, creamy cheese combined with the fruity sweetness of fresh strawberries, all wrapped in a delicate French crepe and drizzled with light sour cream sauce! Ooo la la!
Top Review by fairycook
These blintzes were great!! I had a little trouble getting the crepes right because I used rice milk, so I had to add a little extra flour to my batter. Once I got that right, they turned out delicious! I love the filling; the sugar sweetens it, while the ricotta gives the interesting texture that I love in blintzes I get at nice restaurants. I will definitely make these again!
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 lb low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sugar or 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cups light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar or 2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Create filling and toppings first.
- BLINTZ: Combine ricotta and sweetener. Cover and place in fridge.
- TOPPING: Combine sour cream and sweetener. Cover and place in fridge.
- FRUIT: Wash strawberries, remove stems and slice. Cover and place in fridge.
- CREPES: Combine all crepe ingredients with a whisk until smooth.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-8 inch skillet over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of batter into center of skillet (use 3 tablespoons batter for an 8-inch skillet). Lift and tilt skillet to spread batter and coat bottom of pan. Return to heat. Cook for 1 minute or until light brown. Turn with a spatula, and cook second side for 30 seconds.
- Slide finished crepes onto paper towels. Spoon equal amount filling down center of each crepe.
- Fold in ends, then sides, roll.
- Top with fresh strawberries, drizzle with sour cream topping. Bon appetite!