Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
I ate this for the first time in France when I was staying with a host family in Paris. It is a wonderful quick lunch, breakfast or snack.
- 1 crepe
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cheese, if desired
- You can make your own crepes, or to make it really easy, buy pre-made packaged crepes from the grocery store.
- Take one crepe, lay it on the oiled pan and let it warm through. When this has happened, crack two eggs into the center of the crepe.
- Sprinkle the salt, pepper and herbs onto the eggs. Cook the eggs until they have become white around the edges, but the center has not cooked thoroughly.
- Once this has happened, turn off the heat and cover the pan. Leave the eggs to steam in the residual heat until the eggs are cooked all the way through, about 4-5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the eggs with the grated cheese of your choice if you want.