1/1 Photo of Crepes Suzette
An elegant dessert of lovely, paper thin crepes in a delicious orange sauce. For the adventurous chef, use orange flavored liqueur and flambe it for a dramatic tableside presentation. Otherwise, orange extract can be substituted. For easier conversion, I added the measurements in metric.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4-1 1/2 cups whole milk (310 - 375 ml)
- 3 eggs
- 4 teaspoons melted butter, plus (60ml)
- 1/2 cup butter (125 ml)
- 1/2 cup flour (125ml)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (2ml)
- 1/3 cup sugar (75ml)
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange rind
- 1 orange, juice of
- 1/4 cup orange-flavored liqueur (optional) or 1/4 cup orange extract
- orange slice (to garnish)
- 1For the batter: In a blender, combine milk, eggs and melted butter; cover and mix.
- 2Reduce to low speed and gradually add flour and salt; blend for one minute.
- 3Strain the batter through a sieve, cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- 4Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat.
- 5Pour a 1/4 cup (60ml) of batter into the pan. Lift and swirl pan to evenly cover entire surface; cook for one minute.
- 6Lift edge with a spatula to loosen and turn; cook 30 seconds more, repeat with remaining batter.
- 7To prepare sauce: Melt remaining 1/2 cup (125ml) butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add sugar, orange peel and juice, simmer @ 2 minutes.
- 8Place crepes, one at the time, into sauce and turn to coat.
- 9Fold each crepe into quarters and place along the edge of the pan.
- 10Repeat with remaining crepes until the pan is filled with folded crepes.
- 11Add liqueur or extract.
- 12Carefully ignite pan with a match or lighter to flambe (optional).
- 13As soon as flame subsides, serve immediately. Garnish with orange slices.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes Suzette
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.4
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 145.4 mg
- Sodium 408.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 6.1 g