Recipe by Olha
Tender crepes with a Grand Marnier butter orange filling and toppped with Grand Marnier butter sauce. Very rich and sweet.
Top Review by chia
we made this yesterday in the french forum crepe cook-along. this was simple to prepare and totally delicious. the orange butter is incredible in itself, but added to the sauce it was to die for! very impressive to serve flaming.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled or 1⁄4 cup salad salad oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sweet butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup Grand Marnier
- 1⁄4 cup orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup sweet butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons shredded orange rind
- 2⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup Grand Marnier
Directions See How It's Made
- MAKE CREPES: In medium bowl, combine flour, melted butter, eggs, egg yolks, and 1/2 cup milk: beat with rotary beater until smooth. Beat in remaining milk until mixture is well blended.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make ORANGE BUTTER: In small bowl, with electric mixer at low speed, cream 3/4 cup sweet butter with 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1/3 cup Grand Marnier and 1/4 cup orange peel; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- MAKE ORANGE SAUCE: In large skillet, melt sweet butter. Stir in sugar, orange peel, and orange juice; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until peel is ranslucent--about 20 minutes. Add orange sections and 1/2 cup Grand Marnier. Keep warm.
- TO COOK CREPES: Slowly heat 8-inch skillet until a drop of water sizzles and rolls off. For each crepe, brush skillet lightly with butter. Pour in about 2 tablespoons batter, rotating pan quickly, to spread batter completely over bottom of skillet.
- Coook until lightly browned--about 30 seconds; turn, and brown other side. Turn out onto wire rack.
- Spread each crepe with Orange Butter, dividing evenly. Fold each in half, then in half again. When all are folded, place in Orange Sauce in chafing dish or skillet; cook over low heat until heated through.
- TO SERVE: Gently heat 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier in small saucepan just until vapor rises. Ignite with match, and pour over crepes. Serve flaming. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- McCalls cookbook.