1/3 Photos of Crepes Suzette
Tender crepes with a Grand Marnier butter orange filling and toppped with Grand Marnier butter sauce. Very rich and sweet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled or 1/4 cup salad salad oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1MAKE CREPES: In medium bowl, combine flour, melted butter, eggs, egg yolks, and 1/2 cup milk: beat with rotary beater until smooth. Beat in remaining milk until mixture is well blended.
- 2Refrigerate, covered, at least 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, make ORANGE BUTTER: In small bowl, with electric mixer at low speed, cream 3/4 cup sweet butter with 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy. Add 1/3 cup Grand Marnier and 1/4 cup orange peel; beat until well blended. Set aside.
- 4MAKE ORANGE SAUCE: In large skillet, melt sweet butter. Stir in sugar, orange peel, and orange juice; cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until peel is ranslucent--about 20 minutes. Add orange sections and 1/2 cup Grand Marnier. Keep warm.
- 5TO COOK CREPES: Slowly heat 8-inch skillet until a drop of water sizzles and rolls off. For each crepe, brush skillet lightly with butter. Pour in about 2 tablespoons batter, rotating pan quickly, to spread batter completely over bottom of skillet.
- 6Coook until lightly browned--about 30 seconds; turn, and brown other side. Turn out onto wire rack.
- 7Spread each crepe with Orange Butter, dividing evenly. Fold each in half, then in half again. When all are folded, place in Orange Sauce in chafing dish or skillet; cook over low heat until heated through.
- 8TO SERVE: Gently heat 3 tablespoons Grand Marnier in small saucepan just until vapor rises. Ignite with match, and pour over crepes. Serve flaming. Makes 6 to 8 servings.
- 9McCalls cookbook.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes Suzette
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.7
- Calories from Fat 464
- Total Fat 51.6 g
- Saturated Fat 31.5 g
- Cholesterol 263.9 mg
- Sodium 116.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 48.2 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: