Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This diabetic recipe is a tasty morning surprise. Recipe can be doubled. 1/2 Protein exchange 1/2 Bread exchange 1 1/2 Fat exchanges 1 Fruit exchange and 1/4 milk exchange
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 cup no-sugar-added orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice concentrate, thawed with no sugar added
- 1 teaspoon brandy extract
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 pinch icing sugar
- To prepare crepes:.
- In blender, combine milk, flour and eggs.
- Process until smooth.
- Let stand 15 minutes so bubbles will subside.
- Lightly spray 6" non-stick skillet or crepe pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat.
- (To test, sprinkle pan with drop of water- if water sizzles, pan is hot enough).
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and quickly swirl batter so it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until edges and underside are dry.
- Using pancake turner, carefully turn crepe over. Cook other side briefly just to dry, about 30 seconds.
- Slide crepe onto a plate and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat procedure 7 more times using remaining batter and making 7 more crepes.
- To prepare sauce:.
- In 12 inch non-stick skillet, melt margarine.
- Add sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in orange juice, concentrated orange juice and brandy extract.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with a bit of water and add.
- Reduce heat to low.
- To prepare "Crepes Suzette":.
- Add on crepe to skillet, coating both sides with sauce.
- Fold crepe in half, then fold again to create triangular shape.
- Slide to side of skillet and repeat procedure with remaining crepes.
- Serve immediately sprinkled lightly with dusting of icing sugar.
These were awesome!! We tried these the other morning for breakfast. I placed the cooked crepes in the toaster oven to keep warm while cooking the others. I rolled them and placed them on the plates, and then poured the orange sauce over, sprinkling the icing sugar on top of the sauce. This worked very well and was SO yummy! Hard to believe it was a low-cal recipe! Will definitely try this recipe again. Thanks!!