This diabetic recipe is a tasty morning surprise. Recipe can be doubled. 1/2 Protein exchange 1/2 Bread exchange 1 1/2 Fat exchanges 1 Fruit exchange and 1/4 milk exchange
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To prepare crepes:.
- 2In blender, combine milk, flour and eggs.
- 3Process until smooth.
- 4Let stand 15 minutes so bubbles will subside.
- 5Lightly spray 6" non-stick skillet or crepe pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat.
- 6(To test, sprinkle pan with drop of water- if water sizzles, pan is hot enough).
- 7Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and quickly swirl batter so it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- 8Cook over medium-high heat until edges and underside are dry.
- 9Using pancake turner, carefully turn crepe over. Cook other side briefly just to dry, about 30 seconds.
- 10Slide crepe onto a plate and keep warm in oven.
- 11Repeat procedure 7 more times using remaining batter and making 7 more crepes.
- 12To prepare sauce:.
- 13In 12 inch non-stick skillet, melt margarine.
- 14Add sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- 15Stir in orange juice, concentrated orange juice and brandy extract.
- 16Bring mixture to a boil.
- 17Mix cornstarch with a bit of water and add.
- 18Reduce heat to low.
- 19To prepare "Crepes Suzette":.
- 20Add on crepe to skillet, coating both sides with sauce.
- 21Fold crepe in half, then fold again to create triangular shape.
- 22Slide to side of skillet and repeat procedure with remaining crepes.
- 23Serve immediately sprinkled lightly with dusting of icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crepes Suzette
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.8
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 73.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 8.8 g