Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This diabetic recipe is a tasty morning surprise. Recipe can be doubled. 1/2 Protein exchange 1/2 Bread exchange 1 1/2 Fat exchanges 1 Fruit exchange and 1/4 milk exchange
- To prepare crepes:.
- In blender, combine milk, flour and eggs.
- Process until smooth.
- Let stand 15 minutes so bubbles will subside.
- Lightly spray 6" non-stick skillet or crepe pan with non-stick cooking spray and heat.
- (To test, sprinkle pan with drop of water- if water sizzles, pan is hot enough).
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into pan and quickly swirl batter so it covers the entire bottom of the pan.
- Cook over medium-high heat until edges and underside are dry.
- Using pancake turner, carefully turn crepe over. Cook other side briefly just to dry, about 30 seconds.
- Slide crepe onto a plate and keep warm in oven.
- Repeat procedure 7 more times using remaining batter and making 7 more crepes.
- To prepare sauce:.
- In 12 inch non-stick skillet, melt margarine.
- Add sugar, and stir until dissolved.
- Stir in orange juice, concentrated orange juice and brandy extract.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with a bit of water and add.
- Reduce heat to low.
- To prepare "Crepes Suzette":.
- Add on crepe to skillet, coating both sides with sauce.
- Fold crepe in half, then fold again to create triangular shape.
- Slide to side of skillet and repeat procedure with remaining crepes.
- Serve immediately sprinkled lightly with dusting of icing sugar.