Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adopted from the RecipeZaar account. I haven't made these yet.
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour (*)
- 3⁄4 cup golden rum
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 3 egg yolks
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- In bowl, beat 2 eggs well.
- Add flour, 1 cup milk, 1 tablespoon vanilla, and butter.
- Stir until smooth.
- For each crepe, lightly grease hot 7-inch skillet Pour in about 2 tablespoons batter, rotating pan quickly to spread batter completely over bottom of pan.
- Cook over medium heat to brown lightly- 2 minutes per side.
- Remove to rack.
- Sauce: Place yolks in double boiler top.
- Stir in sugar, milk, cream, mace.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring, until thick-- 10 minutes.
- Remove from water.
- Add rum.
- Filling: Beat whites in bowl, with mixer at low speed- 3 minutes.
- Gradually beat in sugar, beating until stiff peaks form-- about 10 minutes.
- Blend in orange peel and extracts.
- Heat oven to 450°F Spoon 2 tablespoons filling on center of each crepe; fold in half.
- Place in shallow, oven-proof dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes,until hot and puffed.
- Spoon a little sauce over.
- Pass rest Serve at once, from dish.