Recipe by mersaydees
This is based on a recipe from The Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking, edited by Charlotte Turgeon.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
These are so simple to make and they taste great.. I made as stated apart from adding a little extra dill, I do love this herb.. This will definitely be made again.. We love smoked salmon and this is a wonderful recipe that is a little diferent from the norm and as susicat too stated, makes an awesome brunch time meal or a great addition if making several dishes.. Loved this Mersaydees will looked forward to making it again soon.. Huge thumbs up :)
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup light cream
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, diced
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 8 warm crepes
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch skillet.
- Fry onion until soft.
- Stir in flour.
- Add cream a little at a time; let simmer 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salmon, eggs, capers, dill, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste.
- Place heaping tablespoonful on each crepe; roll up.
- Place in buttered ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in preheated 400 degree F oven 5 to 8 minutes or until cheese has melted and crepes are hot through.