Recipe by awalde
Spicy ground meat tomato sauce served in omelette
Top Review by Nif
The meat filling is very tasty and I really liked the addition of the cinnamon. I made the crepes with mostly buttermilk because I was almost out of milk. I'm not sure if that made a difference with the batter because I had a tough time making the crepes. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks awalde! :)
Basic Omelette or Crepes Recipe
- 6 eggs
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
Ground meat sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 100 ml wine, dry, white
- 2 tablespoons tomato concentrate
- 500 g ground beef
- 500 g tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground chili
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
- Grease your pan.
- Pour a ladle full of batter into the pan, swirling the pan to spread it all around. Cook till the top starts to bubble and then flip.
- Prepare all the omelettes in the same way.
- During this time you can begin to prepare the meat sauce.
- Keep the omelettes warm until the sauce is ready.
- Fry onion in large pan till golden.
- Add beef and fry on higher heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomato concentrate and fry 2 more minutes.
- Add wine and continue to cook until evaporated.
- Add tomatoes and spices until sauce gets thick.
- Season with salt and adjust spices to your taste.
- Serve with the sauce.