Recipe by slobo80
This is a modified recipe of the the original one I found on "The Simple Dollar" blog. The recipe does not use any sugar or sugar substitutes. It is probably the healthiest crepes recipe there is. For topping, I like to spread Nuttela (hazelnut spread) and thinly sliced bananas on top of it. Sometimes, to mix it up, I put cinnamon, coconut flakes, and raisins only. I have been making it for breakfast every Saturday morning for my wife. That may be the reason she loves me so much.
- 3 very ripened bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling water (regular water or any fruit juice would work)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup soy flour (all-purpose flour would do as well)
- 1⁄4 cup whole wheat flour (all-purpose flour would do as well)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put bananas in the blender and blend them until smooth.
- Add eggs, milk, salt, baking powder, soy and whole wheat flour. Blend until smooth.
- Add sparkling water and all-purpose flour. Blend until smooth.
- Preheat frying pan on medium heat.
- Add 1/2 tsp oil and spread around frying pan.
- Ladle the batter into the frying pan spreading it around evenly.
- After 2-3 min or until edges become brown turn it over and fry it for another minute.
- Put it onto the plate and spread 2 tsp nuttela and thinly sliced bananas. Roll the crepe.
- Repeat steps 5 through 9 until there is no more batter.